Exasperdating | Cockney Signor
Job: Cabin Crew
- a club DJ
- a barman
- cabin crew
According to my mate, these sorts of gays don’t make good boyfriend material. The hours they work mean they tend to be creatures of the night. So, while most of us are tucked up in our beds, they’re usually out on the town getting jiggy with some nightclub groupie, a flirty bar-hopper or a fellow trolley dolly on a stopover.
Well, I made the mistake of hooking up with an air steward. Normally, I wouldn’t touch one with a bargepole for the reasons mentioned. However, this particular fella was the spit of David Beckham. Plus he was half Italian – and I’m a sucker for a guy that can speak another language.
The really funny thing was that when he spoke Italian, it was with the most beautiful, eloquent Florentine lilt. Bizarrely though, when he spoke English, he sounded like an extra from EastEnders – he had the most pronounced cockney accent I’ve ever heard. Seriously, Peggy Mitchell had nothing on him.
- Exasperdating | Mr Wet Lettuce (monsieurtorres.wordpress.com)
- Exasperdating | Posh Doc (monsieurtorres.wordpress.com)
- Glaswegian cockney: the EastEnders effect (theguardian.com)
- Scots picking up Cockney accent from TV: Can you Adam and Eve it? (news.stv.tv)
- New EastEnders pics offer glimpse of Peggy Mitchell return as episode ‘surprise’ is promised (metro.co.uk)
- ‘EastEnders’ bonus scene: Billy Mitchell calls Peggy – watch video (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Barbara Windsor EastEnders return: Peggy Mitchell gets Phil back on his feet before you can say ‘Get Out Of My Pub’ (mirror.co.uk)
- Peggy Mitchell, Bet Lynch, Vera Duckworth, Angie Watts and more of soapland’s mightiest pub landladies (mirror.co.uk)